Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA OSS Emulation and emu10k1

From: Romain Beauxis <beauxir5@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 20:51:05 EET

Hi all!

I managed to get half of the work with a custom .asoundrc file:
"pcm.prear {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "rear"
}

pcm.dsnopp {
    ipc_key 1027
    ipc_key_add_uid true
    type dsnoop
    slave.pcm "hw:0,0"
}

pcm.skype {
    type asym
    playback.pcm "prear"
    capture.pcm "dsnoop"
}

pcm.dsp1 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "skype"
}

ctl.mixer1 {
    type hw
    card 0
}"

Then I got an alsa pcm device that uses the Wave Surround as an output, mapped
to /dev/sdp1 when running under aoss.
I tried to record from the dsp1 with sound-record (oss recorder) and that
worked fine!

BUT: skype doesn't support aoss... :-/
I thought about lauching it with artsd but I need TWO devices: /dev/dsp(0) as
the ring device and /dev/dsp1 as the phone device and artsd cannot handle two
devices, as far as I know...
How can I manage to use the skype device as an OSS device under skype?

Then the second trick would be to set the Main volume controle from skype (and
dsp1) as the Wave Surrount control.
Couldn't find anythong on this, except for an OSS device, BUT I don't have
any /proc/asound/oss card dsp1 since it emerge from aoss... :-/

What params can the ctl section use (I couldn't find any)

Thx!

Romain