Re: [linux-audio-dev] OSC-Question

From: Georg Holzmann <georg.holzmann@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 17:51:35 EET

Hallo!

> after some of the latest discussions about audio-apps without gui, my head is
> filled with giving JackMix[1] OSC-Support and perhaps splitting it into a
> text-based / osc-based server doing the mixing and a gui...
I'm just planning a similar project, where the user can build a GUI and
can send OSC-messages with it to PD, supercollider, max, ...
(But it should mainly be used on a PDA - to make an _easy-to-use_ remote
control to various programs ...)
So my question: Are your plans very similar ? - (then I have to rethink
the whole stuff ...)

Just another question on the OSC implementation:
I planned to implement the application in Qt/C++ and wanted to ask, if
there could be troubles with liblo on a PDA (because I know that
libOSC++ was used on a PDA in http://www.grenzenlosefreiheit.de ) ?

Thanks in advance,
LG
Georg