Re: [linux-audio-dev] Quick question regarding raw midi access via alsa sequencer

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 22:07:49 EET

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 15:51 +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Friday 18 Mar 2005 15:40, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > 2) The other option is obviously to use alsa-sequencer API but in that case
> > is there a way to simply convert the stream of received MIDI data into raw
> > midi format so that I can use my built-in raw MIDI parsing engine for
> > parsing the messages?
>
> If I understand the requirement right, then the snd_midi_event_* API can do
> it: see <alsa/seq_midi_event.h>. I've used this a couple of times in the
> DSSI examples source code, and I'm sure there are plenty of examples
> elsewhere.

I converted from raw midi to alsa 'cooked' midi with near no pain, the
only issue being pitchbend where alsa will give values centered around
zero as opposed to raw midi where zero is the lowest extreme.

Cut and paste (if you like) from

  http://hem.passagen.se/ja_linux

The relevant code segment is near top of mx4.c

--
   (
    )