[linux-audio-dev] Re: jack-udp

From: Jordan <jordan.nash@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 20:09:57 EET

Thanks for the replies everyone! :)

I was afraid that the computers would not be able to handle more than 8
channels of recording which is why I was limiting them that way. How
many channels can one computer handle? What kind of specs (ie:
processor/RAM) would that computer need? What interfaces can handle more
than 8 analog mics? I would need to record about 32 mic inputs.

Also, the OpenMosix would be disabled while recording, and would only be
active when in a non-recording mode. Also, this network would be an
island. The gigabit ethernet switch would be dedicated to just the audio
stuff.

-jordan