Re: [linux-audio-dev] GPL concerns

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 02:18:05 EEST

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 14:56 -0500, Shane wrote:
> Jan,
>
> Thank you for your comments. I should clarify from the perspective of
> an independent software developer with no previous relationship to the
> company issuing the NDA that may or may not be valid or legal...

I don't think this arrangement violates the GPL as they have not
distributed the software yet. It's a stretch to consider the internal
distribution of the unfinished code, which is inherently necessary to
develop software at all, as "distribution" in the GPL sense. It sounds
like they are just trying to protect themselves during the development
process.

If you're worried about personally getting ripped off, they you need to
talk to a lawyer. The NDA was certainly written by a lawyer, so you're
almost certainly not qualified to interpret it.

Lee