Re: [linux-audio-dev] Other real-time options

From: Iain Duncan <iainduncan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 00:12:47 EEST

I'm serious, mailing lists are not enough. We need a permanent page with
instructions on making the noise so that the people who are *not yet*
fully jumping ship to linux can say to the developers, "that is what
will make me abandon OSX". Those people aren't on mailing lists yet but
they still troll through the net looking at pages on linux audio
wondering whether it's time to format c:

I don't know squat about kernel development, but having worked in the
environmental wars of BC for a couple of years, I definitely have seen
how well a well organized letter campaign can work. And the most
important ingredient is making it *easy as pie* for someone who is only
casually interested or maybe not even quite sure yet to add their voice.
Give them hand holding instructions and a sample of what kind of thing
they should write. Make sure they can find these by accident easily.
Link it from all the pages that a new user would go to while learning
how to do audio on linux.

I don't really know what to say and who to say it to. But if someone
tells me, I'll do it, and I'll tell every linux interested musician I
know to do it to so we can all get the best audio platform.

Iain