Re: [linux-audio-dev] debugging realtime issues with instrumented kernel

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 19:55:27 EEST

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:01:58 +0200
Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> cannot find the option anymore - anyone please fill me in.. maybe you
> just need to enable the other tracing mechanisms there and then enable
> the user triggered tracing via one of the control in /proc/sys/kernel/.
> Ah damn, that's what you get for not following kernel development
> closely)..

The control is

/proc/sys/kernel/trace_user_triggered

enable it with

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/trace_user_triggered

I _think_ the relevant kernel config option is "Latency tracing". For
this you need to enable the "Non-preemptible critical section latency
timing". Both in "Kernel hacking"..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!