Re: [linux-audio-dev] Concerning libfst, vstserver, and dssi-vst

From: Sean Bolton <musound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 22:50:25 EEST

Torben,

On Apr 12, 2005, at 11:05 AM, torbenh@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> dssi needs jacktransport awareness.

To me, DSSI's neutrality with regard to audio input/output
and MIDI input is one of its advantages: the same plugin
will work whether running under JACK and ALSA, or OSS,
or CoreAudio and CoreMIDI, or whatever -- only the host
need be aware of the particular implementation.

So I'm curious: what sort of uses do you have in mind for a
DSSI-like plugin system, that it would need JACK transport
awareness?

-Sean