Re: [linux-audio-dev] Evolutif

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 15:30:24 EEST

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:06:17 +0200
"J_Zar, Gianluca Romanin" <romaninz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if someone knows if the Evolutif Audio
> ( http://evolutif.sourceforge.net/ ) project is alive

I'd never heard of it before reading your email.

> (no CVS, no releases from 2003).

I think the answer is no.

> If not, is there any other similar audio project actually in
> running?

I read the web page and the blurb is so general that I'm still not
sure what it does. T

> I'm thinking to extend this code stuff (Evolutif) and I would like to parse
> possibilities and efforts.

The only files I can find for this project are two windoze binary zip
files.

Even if you found the source for Evolutif its unlikely that it would do
more than Jack, Ardour and alsamodular synth can do. Why not take a look
at those projects instead.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"You don't have make it your sole purpose in life, but could you at
least sacrifice a rubber chicken upon the altar of literacy?"
 -- TackHead on Slashdot