Re: [linux-audio-dev] jack.el -- Run and monitor JACK from within Emacs

From: stefan kersten <steve@email-addr-hidden-hornz.de>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 16:57:03 EEST

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 03:42:08PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> stefan kersten <steve@email-addr-hidden-hornz.de> writes:
>
> > very cool stuff!

> > any chance ~/.jackdrc could be parsed and used by jack.el?
>
> Clue me in, I've never seen any reference to .jackdrc yet.
> Right now, you'd customize the jack group in Emacs to change
> default startup options? Does ~/.jackdrc get read by jackd?
> Is it documented somewhere?

it's a simple file containing the server path and commandline
args, optionally separated by newlines, as in:

/usr/local/bin/jackd
-d alsa
-d hw:0
-r 44100

since jackdrc is used when jackd starts automatically (and
also by qjackctl, IIRC), it would be cool to have jackd
options centralized in one file.

<sk>