Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] "Symmetries" premiere recording now available (and other goodies)

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 14:52:28 EEST

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 23:43 -0400, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> The sample tuning has been adjusted "by ear," so it may not be
> mathematically accurate but FWIW it did pass my own scrutiny (which should
> be taken with a grain of salt as this piece is not as demanding when it
> comes to absolute preciseness of the tuning of individual pitches).

The ensemble is off by at least 5hz occasionally. It sounds like your
oscillators are getting payed to do the job in spite of deeply hating
contemporary music.

A dedicated string ensemble would have adapted the tuning (fingering)
depending on the note cluster at hand and what was/what is coming.

The violin performance is nice though :)

--
   (
    )