Re: [linux-audio-dev] Common synthesizer interface -or-, microtonal alternative to MIDI?

From: steven yi <steven@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 21:33:11 EEST

Hi All,

Just thought I'd mention that my software blue
(http://www.csounds.com/stevenyi/blue) supports tuning systems with a
microtonal piano roll that reads in Scala
files(http://csounds.com/stevenyi/blue/blueDocs/html/pianoRoll.html),
and is somewhat like a sequencer application (mixing of SCO fragments,
SCO generation scripts in python and javascript, etc.). It's built for
use with csound and is GPL. Although I'm not sure if blue is in the
same vein as what the original poster of this thread is looking to
build, I thought it might be something worth checking out, perhaps
simply for ideas on possible ways to implement (or not to implement) a
solution.

Also, I know that newer versions of Apple's Logic sequencer do support a
limited degree of alternate tunings (can not find info on it on Apple's
site at the moment).

steven