Re: [linux-audio-dev] Common synthesizer interface -or- microtonal alternative to MIDI?

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 18:53:52 EEST

Hallo,
Esben Stien hat gesagt: // Esben Stien wrote:

> Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > One important feature still missing might be the "edit operation".
>
> Editing is not part of the sequencer; it's the job of the relevant
> editor (data context). I won't say this is just my opinion, cause a
> sequencer is not an editor.

As I wrote in my very first mail in this thread: People think of very
different things when they hear the word "sequencer". If MusE is a
typical sequencer, then sequencers contain an editor. If a sequencer
is a device as in ALSA or OSS, then they don't contain an editor. Is a
midi file player a sequencer? Is changing the tempo and transposing
editing or sequencing?

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41