Re: [linux-audio-dev] Aeolus and OSC - comments requested

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 04:22:36 EEST

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 05:55:05 -0400, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Fons Adriaensen wrote on Thu, 12-May-2005:
>
> > You also allow the client to include a return address and OSC path
> > with each request. I have my doubts about the first: it allows the
> > client to use a different address for each call, and this could create
> > significant overhead for the server, having to lookup the hostnames.
> > The OSC return path probably makes sense in a dynamic environment as SL.
>
> I can't see why a single client would be changing its address all the time
> in practice. And a given hostname is only looked up once, and
> the address info used by liblo is cached. When I implemented
> this interface liblo did not yet support the source address feature,
> and it still doesn't work right on OS X for me.

Nope, I'm fixing it at the moment. It also doesnt seem to endianise
characters currectly on OSX (testlo fails at testlo.c:575), and I'm sure
I've seen that before and been sent a patch, but I'm damned if I can
remember what I did with it.

There source address stuff doesnt work 100% under linux either, there
seems to be some problem when IPV6 is involved, in some cases.

- Steve