Re: [linux-audio-dev] Mixing signals

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 12:11:01 EEST

Viceic Predrag wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm the author of Freecycle, one of the younger FOSS audio projects out there.
> I have a problem that may astound by it's simplicity, so I barely dare to ask
> for help...
>
> Freecycle provides some LADSPA functionality, and as there are lot of great
> but mono ladspa effects, I need a very simple way of sending stereo audio to
> mono input..

Is there any reason why you don't just start up two instances of the
plugin and send each channel through its own plugin? You could replicate
the control parameters for each channel.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,  because
that would also stop you from doing clever things."  -- Doug Gwyn