Re: [linux-audio-dev] Mixing signals

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 13:17:17 EEST

Richard Spindler wrote:

> It's some evil black magic that tries to avoid disortion. I'm not sure
> whether it's the right way to do, but I was inspired by some website,
> but i don't have the link anymore.
> The original code-snippet performed a similar operation on integer-data.

I can (possibly) see why one ***might*** want to do something like
that for ints, but for floats its just not a good idea. Using what
you currently have you are more likely to add distortion than if you
just add the two values.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Some people don't want genitalia shoved down their throats."
-- Rex Mossop, Australian football commentator and morals crusader