[linux-audio-dev] ALSA Sequencer API - How to Receive Events?

From: Sean Don <sean_don4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 18:00:41 EEST

Hi all. I'd like to receive Midi note events from
another Midi Player. But before I attempt to dive into
a wad of documentation, I'd like to know if it's even
possible under the following situation...

1) I don't have a hardware sequencer; so, I use
timidity as an ALSA sequencer, then pmidi a player...

timidity -iA -B8,8 -Os &
pmidi -p 128:0 <midi file>

2) That plays fine, but how to tap into the events
pmidi is sending to 128:0? I've tried modifying sample
code such as dump-alsa.c, but no output. Also tried
tips at "ALSA related stuffs", but was unable to get
"aseqview" to compile.

Any tips? Thank you in advance. - Sean

http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/files/dump-alsa.c
http://mitglied.lycos.de/iwai/alsa.html