Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] [rant] gcc, you let me down one time too many

From: Jussi Laako <jussi.laako@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 17:41:01 EEST

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 15:08 +0200, fons adriaensen wrote:

> My aproach to C++ is very simple: I use it as 'C with classes'. No streams, no
> STL, no other nonsense. Gives me the best of both worlds - clean objects and
> low level.

Same here, except;

- exceptions make error handling simpler and more robust
- templates are good for abstraction in some cases

Problem with most STL implementations is that it's creating too complex
constructs using pure templates. Because of how templates are
implemented, I think template implementations should always be as simple
as possible with most of the actual code in 'real' classes.

I'm usually limiting inheritance in my implementations to maximum of two
or three levels and absolutely no multiple inheritance.

--
Jussi Laako <jussi.laako@email-addr-hidden>