Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] [rant] gcc, you let me down one time too many

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 17:43:48 EEST

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 04:59:06PM +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:
> Scene II:
>
> Our hero puts years of work into an all-round realtime audio and MIDI
> library that expands the Python programming language.
(snip)
> said library dies a slow and painful but equally unsung death.

I was wondering what the reason was for dropping midithing.
I played with it briefly and quite liked it. Sad indeed.

btw, the links leading through these series of pages
have a certain comical value:

http://www.quitte.de/midithing.html
"The Thing is dead!" ... "Something much better" at:
http://www.quitte.de/mandala.html
"Rechristened ... Please go to the nam page for the latest info on this
package."
http://www.quitte.de/nam.html
"Superseded: Please look at the milk project instead."
http://www.quitte.de/milk.html

Leading me to wonder, how long before Milk is superceded, or at
least renamed? ;-)

I usually just drop my projects completely after one pre-release.
I greatly admire your tenacity :-)

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com