Re: [linux-audio-dev] Speech analysis

From: Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 19:16:54 EEST

Le lundi 06 juin 2005 à 09:52 -0400, Susan Cragin a écrit :
> Hi. I'm a lurker from the Open-Source Speech Recognition Initiative.
>
> We are starting to collect voice samples and need an audio program that
> can segment speech by word, or attempt to, by recognizinig all the
> silences and placing markers at each location.
> Any ideas?

If your speech is really clean, then maybe a simple energy criterion (E
lower than threshold for at least T time) may work. If not, I don't
think anything simple will. Besides, you jut can't make the difference
between two words separated by silence and a longer word.

        Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin@email-addr-hidden>
Université de Sherbrooke