[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] disaster day #1

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 10:36:49 EEST

RAM is the most likly cause IMHO, but If the motherboard is oldish (couple
of years or so) then its worth eyeballing the motherboard for bulging
capacitors, I lost my studio PC to this and we lost a load at work.

The tops should be slightly concave and clean, if theres any sign of brown
gunge (technical term) or bulging then the motherboard is a gonner.

There was a bad batch of capacitors for a while from a major manufacturer,
but I suspect all the bad boards have blown allready by now.

- Steve