Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] disaster day #1

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 15:40:31 EEST

Greetings:

  Interesting stuff. I'm learning more about mobos than I ever wanted to
know. :)

  However: No brown goo on the caps, no bulging components, so I don't
think it's the capacitors. The fact that the machine is dying right at
the start seems to indicate that the problem may be either RAM or the
power supply. I'll check the RAM in another machine within a day or two,
if it's okay then I'll try switching out the power supply.

  What a PITA.

  Btw, big thanks to whoever mentioned the ide to usb connector. That
could be a real show-saver.

Best regards,

dp