Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] [rant] gcc, you let me down one time too many

From: Allan Wind <allan_wind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 20:32:13 EEST

On 2005-06-05T05:14:50-0500, Jan Depner wrote:
> I've often wondered why anyone would use vectors.

Vectors can be resized dynamically (or sized up front), and their
interface is consistent with other STL constructs. Code is already
written and tested. You may not consider that important, and the great
part is we each get to make that choice.

I have not measured the difference between vectors and arrays, but would
defer such optimizations till it clear that it is an issue.

/Allan