Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] [rant] gcc, you let me down one time toomany

From: <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 13:43:44 EEST
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:05 , 'Chris Cannam' <chris.cannam@email-addr-hidden> sent:

>N Smethurst:
>> Since a vector is a wrapped C array (i.e. contigous), the [] operator
>> compiles to the C equivalent when optimisation is turned on.
>
>I was thinking of iterator operations, having vaguely recalled that the vector
iterator in the gcc library had at some point changed from an actual pointer to a
wrapper class. Looking at the code, though, the wrapper is so thin that it
probably isn't an issue with optimization on.

    I was under the impression that there was bounds checking going on with
vectors. Is this not the case?

Jan