Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] [rant] gcc, you let me down one time toomany

From: David Cournapeau <cournape@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 17:41:00 EEST

On 6/9/05, stefan kersten <steve@email-addr-hidden-hornz.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:31:35PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> > _Z6vectorSt6vectorIiSaIiEE:
> > .LFB539:
> > .L2:
> > .L7:
> > pushl %ebp
> > .LCFI0:
> > movl %esp, %ebp
> > .LCFI1:
> > popl %ebp
> > ret

Well, that's what happens when one post some code after some heavy
coding all day long, and when one tries to answer two questions at the
same time....That's why I would have prefered to find the relevant
part instead in the C++FAQ :)

 Anyway, for the question "is there bound checking with operator[]",
the answer of Bjarne Stroustrup is no :).
 The other problem "is [] as efficient for vector and plain c array
?", well, people who know better than me asm/gcc can test and answer.

  Cheers,

  David