[linux-audio-dev] How to access "real-time" capabilities

From: Ian <xor81@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 21:12:36 EEST

Hi,
I have been lurking on the list so now I want to say
hi.I am part of the ubuntu users group in Brazil.
Can anyone tell me *very briefly* what is the current
state of play regarding realtime-lsm in the 2.6.*
kernels and whether this feature (or something like it
) is likely to be introduced into the kernel anytime
soon.
I cannot find anything on the net apart from some
discussions between the kernel devs and
linux-audio-dev guys which did not really clear
anything up for me.
I am not asking in order to cause a big debate about
the values or otherwise of realtime-lsm but I want to
make sure I am clear about the current situation.
We have made some metapackages based on DeMuDi for the
Ubuntu-BR Multimedia-audio distro and doing something
like this ->

# apt-get install build-essential fakeroot
linux-headers-$(uname -r)

is the only way I can think of to enable realtime-lsm
in the kernel without asking the user to use
module-assistant to enable it after install which is
something we don want to do
Regards
Ian

Linux is more than a business. Linux is a community. Linux is more than an operating system. Linux
is a dream. We know that as computer users, we represent a small percentage of the computer
industry as a whole. The important thing is that we know we're right, and we're going to change
the future of the software industry one long night at a time.