[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] SkinDial QDial compatible class for eyecandy knobs

From: Benno Senoner <sbenno@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 21:44:58 EEST

The SkinDial class is written in Qt [1] provides flexible pixmap based
dial/knob widget
compatible with QDial [2].

The idea was to make it using Qt's QDial API so that apps (mainly audio
apps) using this class can make
use of eyecandy knobs without changing the code. (except for the
constructor).

screenshot:
http://www.linuxsampler.org/misc2/skindial/skindialtest.png

download:
http://www.linuxsampler.org/misc2/skindial/skindial-0.0.2.tgz

The full HTML documentation about the SkinDial widget is located in the
docs directory.

To show the possibilities of SkinDial widget we supplied an example
program that
displays various knobs. The example program is self explanatory.

to compile and run the example program:

qmake make.pro
make
./skindialtest

I'd like to thank Thorsten Wilms and Peter Shorthose for the 3D knob
artwork rendered with Blender [3]
If you make new knob pixmaps that you would like to contribute to
SkinDial please
let us know.
Thanks Christian Schoenebeck for checking the doxygen API docs and
various stuff.
and the people on #lad and #qt channels for useful hints and inputs.

The blender files and a README how to render the knob pixmaps
are included in the knob_3d directory.

larsl from #lad made a similar (with less options) widget for gtkmm.
What do you think of making a web page that collects all those ready to
use skinnable widgets
so that users avoid reinventing the wheel (the knob :) ) all over again ?

cheers,
Benno
http://www.linuxsampler.org

[1] http://www.trolltech.com