Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Looking for fast integer resampling code

From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 14:20:55 EEST

Erik de Castro Lopo:

> Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
>
>> I was primarily testing speed, but both libraries where using the sinc
>> routine, so...
>
> Yes, but you can design a sinc filter with 10 coefficients and one
> with 10000. The one with 10000 coefficients will have a steeper
> transition band and a better signal to noise ratio.

Yes. But back to the point, I think there is an extremely good chance that
mus_src (even by setting the width-argument to 5 (default value is 10
which is also faster than SRC_SINC_FASTEST)) will sound better than whats
being produced by a linear resampler, and might be exactly be what the
person asking the question is looking for.