Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great? (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Best-performing Linux-friendly MIDI interfaces?)

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 22:39:24 EEST

> a) a well-formed strategy to clean up the Linux mess, and
> b) an [mplayer/skype] patch-fest to bring them in line with
> that strategy using actual source changes (where possible),
> and c) far greater advocacy of the success of linux audio
> by its users and boot-CD makers ..
>
> ... would do the job.

Good idea. Send me the money, and I'll pay people to do
it ;-) .

> oh, and i guess it wouldn't hurt to have a
> macmusic.org-like "linuxaudioapps.org" clone around, too,
> though i know there are already a few sites perilously
> qualified for this slot ..

I agree that we have a lot of pages but none of them is really
helpful for a starter.

We already had some discussion some time ago about that issue.
Unfortunately, the guy who has initiated the idea left our
community due to some differences.

A central place would be fine, but this needs time and
resources.

Best regards

    ce