[linux-audio-dev] [WIP] hdsposc

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 16:32:55 EEST

Hi.

Since I finally ordered my Multiface, I also started to write
a small program which I am going to need since hdspconf and hdspmixer
are both GUI only.

The idea:
hdsposc will offer the RME mixer and the metering functionality
via OSC.

Why do I write this mail? I'd like to know if someone else
could also make use of this tool. If so, I'd like to hear
your input what you'd want to exactly do with it. If no one responds,
I'll save coding time by ONLY implementing the Multiface (since thats
what I can test) and probably not polish it much, since
what I need is probably very basic.

Oh, and BTW, during coding of hdsposc a question arose:
Is it recommended practice to immediately close a hwdep device
again after performing a single operation, or would it be OK
to leave the hwdep handle open during runtime and only close it
again on program shutdown?

--
CYa,
  Mario