Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 00:14:15 EEST

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 20:46 +0200, Esben Stien wrote:
> Andres Cabrera <andres@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > something you know will cause an xrun, like when returning from the
> > screensaver or dragging quickly many windows
>
> This is totally unacceptable (in my opinion) and it should not
> happen. It does not happen here (anymore).
>
> Versions?.

Agreed 100%, if you are running in realtime mode, if any kind of display
(or disk, or network, etc) activity causes xruns it should be considered
a bug.

Make sure you're using either an RT patched kernel or at least kernel
2.6.11 if you run the stock kernel.

Do the xruns go away if you set 'Option "NoAccel"' in your X config?

Lee