Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 17:37:27 EEST

> there should just be 'working audio', whether your app is a
> desktop app, a sound-synth, or a DAW.  why should there be
> a difference?

*sigh* :)

There are at least no technical reasons. Since I have some
knowledge about linux audio, I try to elicit what the future
audio subsystem for linux will look like best.

>From POV I think JACK on top of ALSA could be the thing which
could be the right solution for desktop, DZING.WAV and pro
audio work.

If all distros adopted JACK and all audio apps were JACKified,
we're done and all struggling would have been past.

To achieve this there still needs some work to be done but
it's a goal which is realistic.

Best regards

    ce