Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 21:49:16 EEST

> > what an absolutely horrid solution. i can't believe its even being
> > considered.
>
>You will not have to educate a professional user to do this.
>He will do it anayway because it makes sense, even ignoring
>the reasons we are debating here.

it doesn't make -any- freakin' sense whatsoever!!

>As a professional user, you may have to give access to your system
>to employees, customers, etc. You don't want them messing in your
>private things.

the user shouldn't even care; the system should just deal with it!

>So even elementary security provides more than enough reason to keep
>the two well separated.

eh? sorry, but you've gone stupid on this issue.

>There are not artificial, but very real. If we want any credibility
>in the professional world, we should not confuse the attitudes taken
>by 'prosumers' with those of real professionals.

if you want credibility in the professional world, do *NOT* make them
have to maintain two configs: one for their video games, and one for
their DAW workstation. bogus!

--
;
Jay Vaughan