Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 21:51:53 EEST

At 18:03 +0200 18/6/05, fons adriaensen wrote:
>Denying that this difference exists is a postmodern trend, but is
>misguided (IMHO).

well, i work in the pro audio world, it is my bread and butter, and i
can tell you that if Linux Audio goes in the direction of requiring
'two different configs' for whatever use you want to put your
Linux-based DAW, then its not going to go very far.

it should work like coreAudio: the Operating System, as is its job,
does the hard and difficult work of making all sound system, cheap or
not, look and work the same. the user shouldn't have to do
-anything- more than just use the audio channels presented to them by
the operating system.

rabbiting from the hard work of making the operating system function
as the operating system should, in my opinion, is where the
misguidance is ..

--
;
Jay Vaughan