Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2005 - 00:35:55 EEST

> Actually I think, that having (at least) two soundcards
> will become a standard: One (like the onboard chip) for mp3
> listening etc, and a professional one for audio work.

I dislike this idea. I'm currently doing so:

* Running arts/ogg players on top of AC97
* Running my music stuff on top of my USB card

But meanwhile I dislike this behaviour for several reasons. I
think we do it mainly this way because it currently can make
things easier, but I really do not expect that this will
become something that will spread.

Best regards

    ce