Re: [linux-audio-dev] What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 23:46:24 EEST

> > * When JACK gets restarted it would be great if running
> > JACK applications wouldn't need to be restarted.
>
> they don't need to be. ardour, xmms-jack and freqtweak can
> all by reconnected; xmms-jack actually does it
> automatically.

cool, I didn't notice it but to be honest I did update to JACK
CVS just some days ago.

About reconnecting I wonder if the applications could do it
themselves and transparently as soon as JACK reappears. I did
notice that it takes a lot of time to reconnect after I had
to restart JACK.

It may sound snottily but it simply would be convenient.

Best regards

    ce