Re: [linux-audio-dev] Pro?

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 03:41:43 EEST

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 01:32 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > > agreed, "creative" vs. "consumptive".
> >
> > Yes! :)
>
> but I still hope that we do not draw an artificial border
> between those two groups :) .

No artificial borders, No! Only real borders driven by practical
considerations.

There is a group of people that would like to have lip-sync when they
whatch DVD movies. I can symphatize with that. Actually I get slightly
sick when it ain't so.

You may say that very few people can afford a "pro" Sony 720p Betacam,
right? I would say it doesn't matter. You get moving pictures in your
cell-phone.

And it won't take long before those LoFi pictures gets mixed with some
HiFi animations to get you the feel of what actually *really*
happened ...

There is no artificial border between "consumers" and "creators". The
creators present to the world what they've done. The consumers relaxes
and whatch it.

At times, even I am a relaxed consumer :)