Re: [linux-audio-dev] best LL kernel options with ingo molnar's patch

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 23:24:01 EEST

> any advice on what would be the best kernel options
> when using ingo molnar's patch for an audio setup?

[...]

> CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT:      Complete Preemption (Real-Time)

[...]

AFAIK this one.

Unfortunately, I also try to get decent audio on my 2.6.12
machine but it seems to be tricky.

After enabling the above option and kernel installation, you
need to patch PAM and configure it accordingly or you need to
try set-rtlimits.

Both seems to be a bit complicated for average users. THe
latter one is simpler to install, but the usage seems to be a
bit inconvenient.

Best regards & good luck

    ce