[linux-audio-dev] HOw to create an ALSA out port

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 01:50:42 EEST

Hi,

I just wote a program to configure a m-audio Midisport 8x8.

Currently the program can only write a sysex file.

It would be convenient to send the data to the Midisport
control port instead. UNfortunately, I have no clue how to do
so easily.

I only need to write sysex data which are kept in a character
array. Is there a possibility to easily

* connect to a certain port of a device (the Midisport control
port)
* send the contents of the array to this port
* close the port

I have already seen some documentation (especially the
examples of M- Nagorny), but as I just started to write code
it's still too complicated for me.

Furthermore I was told that I do not need a fully featured
port and that a rawmidi port would be enough for my needs.

So, any pointer to some docs or example code I can understand
would be really cool.

Thanks & best regards

    ce