Re: [linux-audio-dev] [a bit OT] scroll and zoom conventions

From: cdr <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 19:49:17 EEST

my OSC sequencer ( http://whats-your.name/s/seq/ ) has no icons, scrollbars, or fiddly tabbing between 'zoom mode' 'eedit mode' 'split mode' etc, action is contextual: a 3 button mouse is required, or a modifier key to simulate the 2nd/3rd buttons. clicking on an empty area and drag, the view is panned. click on an object and it will move or resize. middle button drag is zoom, diagaonally up and left would zoom in both axes, and vice versa. scrollwheel pans X axis, shift scrollwheel Y, controll scrollwheel zoom X, shift control srollwheel zoom Y. double click or shift click initiates a selection rectangle, right click drag on an object adjusts opacity/volume. right click anywhere else brings up a context menu for quantize/grouping/etc operations. of cuorse there are no standards but this is what i use, as anectodal data. seems fairly similar to what i remembeer on Windows...