Re: [linux-audio-dev] Libs for reading/writing midis

From: James McDermott <jamesmichaelmcdermott@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 13:19:26 EEST

> It seems like every single Windows audio app has to support like 6
> different audio backends plus Rewire/Rewire2. What's up with that, is
> there no single standard for interapplication audio routing like JACK?
>
> ;-)

Ok, not *every* query about Linux audio has to be answered by pointing
out Windows deficiencies! (Though it can be fun.)

Will, it's a good question, I just had a look through
http://linux-sound.org/one-page.html and nothing stands out... very
likely, someday soon one of the authors of the "every single linux
midi apps" will use their copious free time to re-engineer their code
into a reusable library.