Re: [linux-audio-dev] TAP EQ problems

From: Tim Blechmann <TimBlechmann@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 13:25:19 EEST

> >Interesting. So again I'm inclined to think that the reported problem
> >is due to denormals.
> >
> >I usually do a very blunt ... + 1e-20 at strategic places. So far,
> >nobody has complained about the DC offset :-)
>
> Similar approach works fine here, too (flipping the sign of the
> addition constant at every sample or every block, depending on the
> algorithm in question).
>
> Inaudible (in fact barely measurable), code is branchless and simple.
> Perfect solution for a stupid little problem.
the denormal handling on the sse unit is far better than on the fpu ...
it's also possible to enable hardware FTZ/DAZ ...

better a hardware solution than a software solution ;-)

mailto:TimBlechmann@email-addr-hidden    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk
latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html
latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/
would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs