[linux-audio-dev] USB: Is a CLASS_INTERFACE request a kind of control transfer ?

From: Jan Holst Jensen <jhje00@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 00:07:42 EEST

Dear wise members of the list.

I am (still) trying to implement a control panel
feature for the U2A USB sound card. I (finally!) have
the alsa patch from Clemens Ladisch up and running -
at least I can compile a small program that when run
squirts of a small control transfer URB to the sound
card without complaints.

Now, half of the URBs sent to the device are
CONTROL_TRANSFER blocks, but the other half are marked
as CLASS_INTERFACE in the SnoopyPro logs. See a
typical example below.

I have googled the net and searched the USB specs
without getting much wiser as to what a
CLASS_INTERFACE request is and does. Can I send it
using CONTROL_TRANSFER URBs or is yet another
extension of the alsa driver necessary ?

Cheers
-- Jan Holst

277 out down n/a 710.461
CLASS_INTERFACE 01