[linux-audio-dev] convenient ogg vorbis wrapper

From: Richard Spindler <richard.spindler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 16:39:13 EEST

Hi,

I'm looking for a convenient wrapper library for ogg vorbis, because
what I've found on the xiph.org pages looks a little overengineered to
me.

I've used libsndfile most of the time, so this is the API Style that
I'd prefer, basically I need 4 functions I believe:

what_samplerate_are_you( vorbis_file );
how_long_are_you( vorbis_file );
seek_to_position( vorbis_file, 23456 );
read_data( vorbis_file, buffer );

libvorbis and libogg however have to interact in some obscure way and
I honestly don't want to waste my time reinventing the wheel, while I
could be hacking on a new asskicking application ;)

-Richard