Re: [linux-audio-dev] Real time delay tutorials?

From: Victor Yodaiken <yodaiken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 00:56:48 EEST

Actually, we had a summer intern port an OSS driver for us for both RTLinuxPro and
RTLinuxFree as test project and connect it to a CD player. It was pretty simple.
I'll release both projects in the next couple of weeks.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 03:22:42PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 12:12 -0700, Iain Duncan wrote:
> > > In realtime critical applications people prefer RTLinux or the RTAI extension
> > > to the kernel for periods and scheduling latencies in the low microseconds
> > > range (<30 microseconds worst case scheduling latency on recent x86
> > > hardware).
> >
> > I've often wondered about that. Why are those sorts of kernels
> > inappropriate for audio? ( Just out of curiousity. )
>
> what device drivers do you think they can run?

Victor Yodaiken
Finite State Machine Labs: The RTLinux Company.
www.fsmlabs.com  www.rtlinux.com
1+ 505 838 9109