Re: [linux-audio-dev] file format

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 12:12:22 EEST

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 08:08:22 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 01:02 +0200, fons adriaensen wrote:
> > The alternative is of course to have separate WAV files and some
> > text file for the metadata, and combine all of this into a directory
> > that would then be handled as a unit. But I'd prefer to have all
> > data in a single file.
>
> tar? (paul runs for cover ...)

Actually a zip file plus manifest (aka jar or mozilla xpi) is an ok
solution, they can be "mounted" by the application and have files pulled
out, whereas tar files have to be unpacked to /tmp or similar.

For the metadata an ASCII encoding of RDF (eg. turtle) would be ideal, but
then you knew I was going to say that ;)

- Steve