Re: [linux-audio-dev] Edirol FA-101

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 22:50:23 EEST

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 23:27 +0400, Dmitry S. Baikov wrote:
> > Are you using a customized jackd? What version? What command line? Do
> > you have any evidence that anyone has ever made this work?
> >
> Opps, sorry for skipping obviously needed details. Was really upset.
> I tried freebob + jackd from freebob.sf.net.
> libavc from svn, libiec61883 1.0, libraw1394 1.2
> cmdline: jackd -d iec61883 -o osc.udp://localhost:31000
>
> FreeBoB wiki's list of working setups contains FA-101 + gentoo (my distro).
> When run in the first time, jackd starts, but there's no sound, and
> seems processing callbacks aren't called (no interrupts?).

I think this would be a better question for the Freebob list, and cc:
the jackit-devel list, as you're using a version of JACK that the
Freebob people have customized. I've never heard anyone on LAD or LAU
report that this works.

First and foremost, we need to get the iec61883 driver into JACK CVS, so
that Paul Davis and the other JACK experts can help you.

Lee