Re: [linux-audio-dev] applying RIAA curves in software

From: fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 03:53:29 EEST

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 06:52:05PM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:

> What's your take on the pink noise calibration? I'm not sure yet if
> I'm going to go to that much trouble but if I did how easy is it to
> convert that to a LADSPA filter?

The calibration only makes sense if you have a disc with pink noise
recorded on it - the filter itself (being numerical) will be exact.
To measure the pink noise, you could use JAPA, using the slowest
mode and the 'Proportional' frequency response.

To get the correct response at HF, you really need a preamp with the
correct input impedance (50 kOhm for most cartridges, usually less
for 'moving coil' types).

But the final adjustments probably will be arrived at by listening,
and making some gentle response changes. For this, JAMIN is excellent.

--
FA