Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] WhySynth DSSI softsynth

From: Garett Shulman <shulmang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 03:35:11 EEST

WOW. Whysynth is very cool. For subtractive synthesis on linux it seems
very frugal on cpu cycles. Nice. I haven't fooled much with the other
osciliator types but look forward to. I followed the suggestion (I think
:) ) at the bottum of this email regarding assigning various midi
controllers to various synthesis parameters. I added
       case Y_PORT_VCF1_FREQUENCY:
          return DSSI_CC(0x00);
to y_get_midi_controller at line 633 of dssp_synth.c in an attempt to
connect a continous controller that alsa sequencer shows as parameter 0.
However I get no varience of cutoff frequency. I'm quite certain that
param 0 cc messages are getting at least to jack-dssi-host. Can you
think of something I might be missing, here?
Thanks!
-Garett