Re: [linux-audio-dev] midisport problem

From: Mike Fisher <mrfisher_1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 23:29:04 EET

--- carmen <ix@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > I installed the midisport about a month ago and
> got it
> > working. I was using kde at the time. I
> uninstalled
> > kde and switched to windowmaker. Now the
> midisport
> > doesn't work I reinstalled the above packages.
> still
> > no luck. I even reinstalled kde. nothing.
>
> 'doesn\'t work' isnt very specific, perhaps you have
> some stuff from /var/log/messages or dmesg that
> might be relevant?
>
> btw, KDE should have nothing todo with it...

sorry, to be more specific. The firmware doesn't load
into the device.

I get this from /var/log/messages when I plug it in...

Oct 31 16:27:23 bloody ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup
Oct 31 16:27:23 bloody usb 2-2: new full speed USB
device using ohci_hcd and address 13

I am aware that kde shouldn't have anything to do with
it, but after uninstalling it is when the midisport
stopped working, thats all.

-Mike

http://mail.yahoo.com